How to Engage in Online Worship
Preparing for Worship
Get yourself ready to worship online – Get out of bed and get dressed! It will help get you in the mindset for worship
Go through your normal Sunday routine – minus the “hurry up”
Pick out where you will be having worship on Sunday Morning – Stream to your largest screen (how to stream to your tv)
Gather as a family – no multitasking; worship is a family activity
Sing along loud and proud – it may feel weird, but it feels weird to the people leading worship to an empty church
Stand up and sit down (as if you were at church)
Reflect on the message and talk about how you felt engaging in online worship Say a prayer of thanksgiving
Come to church to receive the Sacrament of Holy Communion
Helping Children & Youth Engage in Online Worship
Preparing for Worship
- Be sure to instill in your children an attitude of anticipation!
- Remind them that this is still worship.
- Have children pick out what they are going to wear to worship (getting dressed helps put you in the right mind set for worship).
- Pick out where you will be having worship on Sunday Morning – Stream to your largest screen
- Allow your child to pick out the Bible they will be using during service.
- Go to sleep at a time that allows you to wake up at a time that you won’t feel rushed.
- Sunday Morning:
- Eat a good breakfast.
- Work together to clean up and prepare the area you will be worshiping in.
- Take care of bathroom and drink needs before the worship time begins.
- Go through your normal Sunday morning routine without the “hurry up, let’s go” part 😉
- Gather as a family – no multitasking; worship is a family activity
- Sing along loud and proud
- Stand up and sit down (as if you were at church)
- During the message
- Let your child know their physical boundaries of where you are comfortablewith them being during the sermon time.
- Download a children’s bulletin (below) for them to color or journal during the message.
- Be gentle and patient with behavioral reminders.
- Ask your children if they had any questions about what they heard or experienced.
- Come to church to receive the Sacrament of Holy Communion.
- Say a prayer of Thanksgiving.