March 21 ~ Week 5 – Crucifixion and Death
Get out your Holy Week Banner and add the cross.
Read or Watch:
Read Mark 15:21-40 or read Jesus is Arrested and Crucified (p. 449-452 from The Beginner’s Bible) and/or watch the Death and Crucifixion video.
- What happened to Jesus?
- Why did Jesus die on the cross?
- Who carried the cross for Jesus? (see Mark 15:21)
- What was the name of the place where they brought Jesus?
- What was written on the inscription of the charge? What was the claim against Jesus?
- Who was crucified with Jesus?
- What did Jesus cry out on the cross?
- For whom did Jesus die on the cross? Why did he need to die on the cross?
- What words of mockery were directed at Jesus from those who passed by Him?
- What did Jesus cry out on the cross? Why did he say these words? What was he expressing?
- What is the significance of the curtain temple being torn in two? What was the curtain temple used for in Jewish religious practices? (Search temple curtain/veil to help shed light on what this was used for if you are not familiar with this.)
- What does this tearing of the temple curtain now mean for us? What does this tell us about God?
Hymn: Sing LSB 450:2
What Thou, my Lord, hast suffered,
Was all for sinners’ gain;
Mine, mine was the transgression,
But Thine the deadly pain,
Lo, here I fall, my Savior!
‘Tis I deserve Thy place;
Look on me with Thy favor
And grant to me Thy grace.
Prayer: Thank You, Jesus, for suffering and dying on the cross to take away my sins. In Your name we pray, Amen.