Buildings and bell towers only tell part of the story. God is good. Jesus Christ has come to redeem us lost and condemned sinners. We share this wonderful gift of life by the power of the Holy Spirit through the Word of God. We do not stand in this world timid or afraid. We stand fast on the mercy of our Lord. St. Paul wrote to Timothy, his dear friend and brother in Christ, “For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline” (2 Timothy 1:7).
Our congregation is on the move in this world. We are in this community seeking to connect people to Jesus and make a difference in the name of Jesus. Look through our website, but more importantly look through God’s Word. You will find we are brothers and sisters in Christ who are not ashamed to testify about our Lord. In the Lord we stand. May the Lord show mercy to all and give to all the confidence that through faith in Jesus Christ all may know the forgiveness of sins.
November 9, 1952 the first worship service of the “Lakeland Mission” was held in the Winans Lake School. Twenty-eight people were in attendance that day.
On January 9, 1955 a dedication service for the first church building was held. It was a 17′ X 15′ structure with seating capacity for 100 people. This unit now serves as our kitchen and nursery.
August 13, 1961 was the groundbreaking for the second church building. This unit now serves as our small fellowship hall. The basement was used from 1965 till 2009 by the Bambi Co-Op Preschool.
December 4, 1977 there was another groundbreaking ceremony, this time for the present church building.
Our Bell Tower
In 1966, a huge old bell was salvaged from the belfry of the old Hamburg Library. The dedication of the first wooden bell tower was April 16, 1967. The old Hamburg school bell and a fire bell were added later. The bells were rung by hand on Sunday morning, rain or shine. The old tower was demolished in 1989.
In the fall of 1990, a new fifty-foot steel bell tower was installed. The bells were sent to be refurbished and put into place in time for the dedication on September 30, 1990. The bells are now rung electro-mechanically about a minute before each Divine Service to call the community to worship.