Mission of Youth Confirmation
The intent of Confirmation instruction at St. Paul is threefold;
- to provide a nurturing atmosphere where young people will grow spiritually and are inspired to commit to the Christian faith and fellowship, after Confirmation
- to assist parents in instructing children in the Christian faith as revealed in the Bible, and
- to bond students and families in relationship to Jesus Christ and to one another
We learn the Small Catechism of Dr. Martin Luther. This catechism consists of key portions of the Bible, along with the Apostles’ Creed. Each section has a brief explanation written by Dr. Luther.
The six chief parts of the Small Catechism are:
- The Ten Commandments
- The Apostles’ Creed
- The Lord’s Prayer
- The Sacrament of Baptism
- The Office of the Keys, and Confession
- The Sacrament of the Altar
Important dates in 2017-2018
August 20 – Orientation at 12:15pm
Interviews and Rite of Confirmation
Each Sunday sermon outline forms are available on the wall near the door to the sacristy (or you can download them Sermon Notes and print your own). Parents may help with these.
Every Sunday during the Education Hour at 9:45am we provide a meaningful learning experience for the confirmation students in the Activity Center.
Scripture calls us to “write them, my teaching, my commandments, and truth on the tablet of your heart” (Prov. 3:1-3). We’ll begin by writing them on our brains! Memory assignments will be given and tested.