We welcomed newly elected Church Council members, Scott Bone and Bill Zolner.
3 Times attending worship every month
3 Bible Studies attended every month
3 Service Projects – Local and Global opportunities made available
3 Family Nights – 15 min in devotion, discussion, prayer regarding the mission to which they trust God is calling them.
3 Invitations this year to people in my community to discover St. Paul Lutheran Church
Upcoming Visits by Missionaries
March 7 – Emily Wilson from Lutheran Bible Translators, a Wednesday evening visit
April 16 – Britt Odemba, a Monday morning visit. All are invited to attend.
May 20 – Rev. Nathan Esala from Lutheran Bible Translators, Sunday morning on Pentecost will be a great time to hear about how the Word of God is getting translated into the heart language of the people so that they may hear the gospel.
April 8, Rev. Dr. Scott Yakimow will preach while my family goes on vacation the week after Easter.
Our core team attended a workshop on equipping parents with the tools to share their faith legacy in the home. We have one more workshop remaining in our commitment to FFPN. In September, our core team will attend a workshop in Grand Blanc on how to equip marriages to be healthy.
Labeling spaces for proper use:
Mike Hausch and I will walk through all the spaces in our facility and work to properly label his areas for specific purposes so that all groups will be able to quickly recognize where items properly belong.
Candle stands should be returned in 2 to 3 weeks. We still need order replacement oil candles but the project is nearing completion.
We’ll be using an Office365 site to store our files in the cloud and eliminate the need to maintain server storage hardware on site.
Lent and Easter
Midweek services are ongoing with the theme, “Thy Will be Done.”
Holy Week and Easter schedule will be the same as past years
– Holy Thursday at 7pm
– Good Friday at Noon and 7pm
– Easter Egg Hunt on March 31 at 10am
– Easter Vigil on March 31 at 7pm
– Easter Festival Services at 8am, 9:30am, and 11am
We are sending postcards to the nearest 5,000 homes to invite them to church on Easter, funded via outreach and memorial funds.
- Progress towards 2018 goals
Plan to review feedback from the Life Group that studied Built on the Rock by Ted Kober and send it out for later review to enhance bible study offerings and participation.
- Facilities items
- Waterproofing – East Wall – Keith is getting estimates for inspection – one at $15k just to remove soil, sidewalk, and steps to investigate and correct (doesn’t include rebuild).
- Fellowship Hall Window – Council approved $2800 from 2% fund for installation of vinyl-clad replacement windows on the North wall.
- Unlocked doors – Keith will add signs to exit doors to remind people to lock doors. Pastor suggested a reminder by the security panel as well.
- Balcony view angle: What to do to improve sightline over the balcony rail? This item will definitely receive review and attention – no immediate action.
- Budget Correction
Pastor noted that there was a double line item entry in the Christian Ed. and Family Ministry accounts worksheets so our actual over-balance amount (to be offset by cash reserves) is $7,931 (formerly $24,373).
- New Business
Election of 2018 Officers:
President – Chris Mowers
Vice President – Chuck Simpson
Secretary – Stan Bucrek
Formation of a Policy Handbook Committee
Chris will spearhead this effort. Martha Wohlfeil will assist.